LaFerriere Genealogy and History

This work is an ongoing effort to track my family in a chronological format. It will also be reformatted to be "web friendly". It is far from complete and while working on this I have found some errors in my research. As time goes on all will be corrected and the appropriate source annotated. For now, sit back and enjoy the story.

Before 14 AD: The Roman emperor Augustus wanted an East-West road to link Lyons to Saintes, then inhabited by a Celtic tribe called Santons, to disseminate Roman ideas throughout the empire. The wealth accrued through the salt trade casino spiele kostenlos was often spent on endowing churches, hostels and abbeys.

987 AD: Hugh Capet, elected king of France in 987, founded the Capetian dynasty. The Capetians initially controlled only the duchy of France (Paris and Orleans), but owing to a shrewd and persistent policy of annexation their jurisdiction extended to other regions. The Truce of Chinon on September 18, 1214 enabled Philip Augustus (1180-1223) to confiscate from the English monarch John Lackland (later, King Henry III of England) the territories of Anjou, Maine, Normandy, Poitou, Saintonge (on the Bay of Biscay), and Touraine.

March 8, 1625: Pierre Charron (parents unknown) was born in St Eutrope De Saintes, Saintonge, France (now called the Department of Charente Maritime). He was christened in the St Eutrope Church, La Rochelle, Aunis, France. The Department of Charente-Maritime is situated in the southwest region of France. The region was carved out in 1790 from pieces of the ancient provinces of Aunis, Poitou and Saintonge. The region is divided into five arrondissements (or Districts): Jonzac, La Rochelle, Rochefort, Saintes and Saint-Jean-dAngaly. Until 1941, the department was known as Charente-Inferieure.

February 27, 1646: Jean Baptiste Charron Dit LaFerrière was born in St. Eutrope, Saintes Parish, Saintonge, France. He was engage (enlisted) at La Rochelle (A fishing village founded in the 10th Century) on March 15, 1657 at 16 years of age with the Carignan Regiment, LaFouille Company. It is indicated he was from Brouage at that time. Brouage (pictures of Brouage 1 2 3 4)was established in 1555. The harbor of Brouage was the first European place for trading in salt. In the first half of the 17th century, Richelieu transformed it into a Catholic bastion in order to fight against the rival town of La Rochelle. The walls, built between 1630 and 1640, surround the city in a square enclosure of 400 meters on each side. The walls are representative of the art of the fortifications before Vauban.

June 18, 1665: Jean Baptiste spelautomater Charron Dit LaFerriere (son of Pierre Charron and Gabrielle Beaumont) arrives in Quebec as a Carignan Regiment Soldier in the LaFouille Company. According to the rolls of the Carignan Regiment, Jean was a Taillandier (an artisan who makes and sells cutting tools like scissors, chisels, shears, etc.). The La Fouille Company came across from France on the ship La Justice that departed La Rochelle on May24, 1665 and arrived on September 12, 1665 accompanying the Saint Sebastien. From these two ships, which sailed together, more than 20 men had died at sea and 130 were too weak to make it ashore by themselves.

1668: The Carignan Regiment is recalled to France. Over 450 members of the Carignan Regiment elected to stay in New France (Quebec) to establish a permanent settlement. Many of the soldiers married a Filles du Roi (Kings Daughter. These were the approximately 770 women who arrived in the colony of New France (Canada) between 1663 and 1673, under the financial sponsorship of King Louis XIV of France. Most were single French women and many were orphans. The King paid for their transportation to Canada and settlement in the colony. Some were given a royal gift of a dowry of 50 livres for their marriage to one of the many unmarried male colonists in Canada. These gifts are reflected in some of the marriage contracts entered into by the Filles du roi at the time of their first marriages. The Filles du Roi were part of King Louis XIVs program to promote the settlement of his colony in Canada. Some 737 of these women married and the resultant population explosion gave rise to the success of the colony.

December 18, 1675: Antoine Gentil and Pierre Bulte agreed to supply Jean Baptiste Charron Dit LaFerriere with forty "pipes" of coal, at a price of 3 pounds and 10 Sols per pipe, and agreed to supply him with coal for the year. On the same day, he agreed to provide Antoine Gentil with a "soc" and a "coustre" and all that is necessary to assemble a plow, for 30 pounds, which would be deducted from the amount owing for the coal.

July 26, 1702: Jean Baptiste Charron Dit LaFerriere dies in the Hotel-Dieu, Quebec, Canada.The Hotel-Dieu: One of the countries most renowned hospital facilities in terms natcasino of the quality of health care is also the oldest hospital north of Mexico. So it came about that on August 1, 1639, the three nursing sisters from Dieppe Mother Superior Marie Guenet de St-Ignace, and Nuns Anne Le Cointre de St-Bernard and Marie Forestier de St-Bonaventure disembarked for Quebec and started work on establishing the first hospital in the Americas north of Mexico. For more than three hundred years, the Order of Augustinian Sisters tirelessly dispensed health care and spiritual guidance to generations of sick people who came to this hospital. The Hotel-Dieu has been located on its present site since 1644. From the start it had a missionary purpose and dispensed spiritual as well as bodily care to the sick. In those days its patients were accommodated in two wards holding about forty beds each. In spite of a difficult environment and very modest resources, the Hotel-Dieu was far from being an antechamber of death: nine out of ten patients emerged cured or at least in remission.

June 2, 1880; United States Census: Tiverton, Rhode Island Census records for June 2, 1880 places Louis and his family at 15 Shove Mills Block in Tiverton, Rhode Island. Shove Mills Block was a series of houses owned by the Shove Mills. At the time of the census over 275 people were renting in the Shove Mill housing complex and almost all the tenants were French Canadian. Shove Mill housing was newly built, and contrary to the horrible conditions of other mill housing in the city it was very attractive. The Shove Mill Houses were built on very high ground just over the Massachusetts state line in Rhode Island. The mill owners stated purpose for this was to save money on taxes since Rhode Island taxes were much lower than Fall River, Massachusetts taxes at the time. Mill operatives would offer a different point of view for this geographic strategy. Operatives stated that the housing was built just over the line in Rhode Island in order for the mill owners to skirt Massachusetts law, which limited work hours and prohibited the use of young children in the mills. Rhode Island law allowed 12-hour workdays and permitted the use of child labor. The housing at Shove Mills did not have the sewage problems that plagued many other mill housing developments. Water was obtained from wells and hydrants in the yards.

1880 – 1910: The Canadian Migration to the United States. During the second half of the 19th century, the eastern U.S. nouveau casino en ligne witnessed phenomenal growth in its textile industry, beginning in the northern states and expanding into the South. Faced with a shortage of workers following the Civil War, mill owners looked abroad to supplement their workforce. Immigrants flooded in from Canada and Europe, some coming alone and others bringing entire families to work in the mills. By the end of the century, foreign workers outnumbered native workers in all New England states. The majority of textile workers were French Canadian, with children comprising a large percentage. For example, among male and female employees under the age of sixteen, the percentage of Franco-Americans in Maine and Rhode Island was greater than the percentage of Franco-Americans overall.

1903: Joseph LaFerriere (son of Joseph LaFerriere and Eulalie LePage) and his wife Catherine moved the family to Remouski, Canada and then to Coaticook, Canada. This is probably due to the decline in work available in the mills. All information indicates they lived and worked on farms in the Coaticook area.

February 27, 1951: Eulalie LePage (daughter of Dennis LePage and Emelie Saint Laurent) dies in Coaticook-Nord, Quebec, Canada.

October 7, 1992: Joseph Alexandre LaFerriere (son of Joseph LaFerriere and Eulalie LePage) dies at the Rochester, New Hampshire nursing home. He is buried next to his wife (Rose Marie Cameron/LaFerriere) at St. Charles Cemetery, Dover, New Hampshire.

August 21, 2002: Mary Alice Aregis (daughter of Estratus Aregis and Alice Laura Batchelder) dies in casino online en espanol Grass Valley, California.

 

 

 

 

 

  Casino Online

 

  hedelm채pelit

 

  Online Casino kostenlos